Friday, May 16, 2008

Personal Response 5 : Earthquakes




Hi Everyone,

Now that the exams are over, you can spend some time reflecting on the things you have done this term. It is also good if you can spend some time reading. As the earthquake in China is still fresh on everyone's mind, I would like you to learn a little more about it. Hence, for this week, you will read about earthquake in the links below:


http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/

To help you in your personal response, I have prepared some questions below:

1. What are the causes of earthquake?

2. What can people do when there is an earthquake?

3. Do you think scientists can detect an earthquake? If so, how do they do it?

4. Where have earthquakes occurred?

5. Why do these countries have earthquakes?

6. Do you think there will be an earthquake in Singapore? Why?


Do explore the links given. I hope you have learned more about earthquakes.


I am eagerly waiting to read your personal response.


Mr Ong

3 comments:

Li Wen 97 said...

Mr Ong, I think you gave us the links for this personal response is not very effective. I suggest this website:http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography
I found most of my answers there

Ong JC said...

Hi LiWen,
Yes, the website you suggested is good too.
Mr Ong

Ong JC said...

Hi LiWen,
You should read the section 'The Science of Earthquakes'.
Mr Ong